So I went to Hawaii again during my new year vacation, the most exciting part of the trip was definitely shopping!!!
Unlike last time, I didn’t have too many things on the list to buy (as I have already bought too much last time!), but still it would be hard not to buy anything in such a paradise!
Anyway, here is the list, and a quick review on it!
1) Laura Mercier – Secret Concealer for under eye, I was still looking for a good concealer that has good coverage and moisturising, so I went to Sephora and asked one of the beauty advisor to see if they could surprise me with anything, and they did! She introduced this secret concealer, she applied on it, and instantly my dark circle was gone (almost), definitely way better than what I have been using (Garnier tinted roll-on, Lancome Effacernes), and at USD22, I didn’t even think twice! So now I have been using it for a few weeks, I still love it! Great coverage, it’s not drying, however since it’s really creamy, that means you may have to reapply it during the day, there are 6 shades in this product, so it would be easy to find the right one for yourself!
2) Laura Mercier – Secret Camouflage, many professional makeup artists and beauty lovers are loving this product, so I guess if I wanna be in the industry, I’ll have to try it out! Many said it’s a great concealer for blemishes, I totally agree, because it is definitely too dry for undereye. Also, this concealer is a little difficult to work with, it is so dry that many recommend using your finger to warm it up first, but then for spot concealing, using finger to apply may cover areas more than necessary. But with the amount of product, you have enough to train yourself up! I currently use an eyeliner brush to apply to small spots, Laura Mercier also sells a brush for this product! There are 8 shades for you to choose from (USD30)
3) MAC – Eyebrows crayon pour les sourcils in Lingering, this is probably the most popular shade in the line, as recommended by Lisa Eldridge, this magical color actually suits many different skin tones, from dark brows to light brows. I love the color, its very natural and soft, probably the best brow colour I have owned so far. I was actually looking for the pencil one, but unfortunately the MAC shop i went to didn’t carry the pencil type anymore. Basically the shade is exactly the same, the difference is I guess for some people crayon is much easier because you don’t need to sharpen it from time to time, and it’s really easy to apply. However the crayon type is not retractable, so may sure you don’t roll up too much of the product. (USD15)
4) YSL – Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in 2, of course! Who doesn’t have it? (Well, I didn’t) Again, this is a really popular product, so I couldn’t wait to see the magic it does. It’s a highlight pen, but many people use it as concealer as well. Its texture is really light, you can use it undereye, and it disappear instantly! For some people, their dark circle disappears at the same time! For me, it’s not quite enough, but I love using it after secret concealer, and around my mouth. I don’t see a huge difference in person, but on picture it does help! (USD40)
5) Urban Decay – 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil Set (6 colours), I bought it coz I was looking for something that doesn’t crease on me, more precisely, an eyeliner that doesn’t transfer to my undereye after an hour or two. So I went to Sephora and asked for advice, the beauty advisor told me to use a primer (a must she said), so she did apply primer, and the glide-on eye pencil in Zero (very black) on me. It looked great, I like it a lot. So I bought it even with the risk on it still creasing on me, because it was only USD24 for 6 colors! A few hours later, yes it did crease on me a little. The next day I tried it again, it creased on me even more (yay!) It creases/transfers even with a primer…but other than that, I think it’s a lovely product, because the black is really black, and other colors are beautiful too. So this is great for people who doesn’t have any problem with any eyeliners!
The colours included in this set are Mainline (Blue), Empire (Purple), Smog (Golden brown), Demolition (Brown), Zero (Black), Uzi (Grey) -> Swatches to come in future post 🙂
6) Body Shop – Liquid Eyeliner in 02 (Brown), I bought this coz I once tried my friend’s black version of it, it looked great so I wanted the brown. However, the applicator is much harder to control than I thought. My friend has been using her for years, and she applied it for me. SO I guess it will take me a while to practice using it. Other than that, it’s an ok eyeliner, not outstanding…repurchase? Maybe not. (USD13.5)